XatiyaRO

General => Soporte técnico => Mensaje iniciado por: Dawn of Darkness en 02 de Noviembre de 2010, 12:22:32 pm

Título: Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Dawn of Darkness en 02 de Noviembre de 2010, 12:22:32 pm
Is there any plans to solve the lag problem?
80% of my guild can't play at afternoon/night due to some insane lag, we only started yesterday here so we don't know if it's always like this or it's a recent problem.
Although I saw this problem reported randomly on forum by other players from different geographic zones and we all have different conections so it's not an individual problem. Also we played on xatiyaRO1 3 or 4 years ago and we never had any identical problems.

Note: One weird thing is that if we log by the morning and we never relog all day the server keep unlaged, as soon as someone relog by afternoon/night will have some unplayable lag (wich is weird), and ofc ppl normaly come to play at end of afternoon/night so they will be all lagged =X.

Some attention to this problem would be nice, thanks for your time.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Monochrome en 02 de Noviembre de 2010, 16:17:36 pm
Well, it's maybe a geographical zone problem. Have you tried to log in with any IP change program?
As well as I know there's no lag problem on the server for the spanish people (at least not for me), so you can try the classic anti-lag solutions (no msn, no downloads while playing) or changing the IP to a spanish one.

Just one question, where are you guild trying to play from?
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Dawn of Darkness en 02 de Noviembre de 2010, 20:44:55 pm
My guild is from Portugal and I saw many ppl complaining about insane lag from south america, and I'm sure Portugal is not located in South America =), theres actualy a topic where ppl is complaining about insane lag (hard to log in and when they can log in it's like impossible to move the char) the topic was closed and no answer was given. Personaly I tried all solutions by now even sent a report to some guy on the sticky thread.

Also! even all being from Portugal we have different ISP and we live in different zones, so it's not an individual problem, and as I mentioned before we played few years ago on xatiyaro 1 without any problems.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Monochrome en 03 de Noviembre de 2010, 01:06:47 am
Can it be because of the Halloween event? It's lagging crowded cities like Prontera, it's really weird.
Let me check another lag problem posts and I'll give you an answer.
I will also comment it with my bosses, they must know more than me about the problem.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Dawn of Darkness en 03 de Noviembre de 2010, 01:37:50 am
It's not caused by hallowen because we started before update =x

This was one of the topic which was closed without any answer:
http://www.xatiyaro.net/foro/index.php/topic,158175.0.html

Note: one of our members played here on xatiyaro 2 this summer and had no problems back there, now he came back with us and have those lag problems (this can be important maybe u made any kind of change/update since summer until now).

Once more, thanks for your time.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Monochrome en 05 de Noviembre de 2010, 15:39:57 pm
Okey, this probably will solution by itself with the time, or before the halloween event. Many people had complained about insane lag since the hallowen patch was in. I'm still looking for solutions, and waiting for another GM that can explain something about that problem.

Wondering if any other mod or GM can talk in english...
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Behemoth en 05 de Noviembre de 2010, 16:06:43 pm
Since Octuber 29th.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Griffin en 05 de Noviembre de 2010, 20:20:57 pm
Monocrome it is not a Geographical, Event or something like that problem, this has been happening to diferent people from all the countries that play on XRO since the upgrade to Renewal, I remember back then, some of the people having the problem tested on another server with Renewal (I tried on a non renewal server myself, yet I don't think that proves anything) and they said they did not have any problem

I'm still thinking its the Security System Kazuki implemented, is way too heavy (I checked the file, and the file alone weights 120 something mb), however it has been months and we have not received any solid or coherent solution
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Fenryr en 05 de Noviembre de 2010, 20:36:45 pm
I miss you, DoD B:

Btw, I'm guessing you can't play with a different schedule? Maybe that's a temporal solution. At which hours you have problems?
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Monochrome en 06 de Noviembre de 2010, 12:21:32 pm
Due to language issues no one has answered this thread, and I've never seen a problem like this.
Let me write some GMs or Programation Staff.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: §oberbia en 06 de Noviembre de 2010, 12:43:28 pm
Due to language issues no one has answered this thread, and I've never seen a problem like this.
Let me write some GMs or Programation Staff.

Sorry but we have reported for some time and have been ignored.

This problem is (personally) on this server and don´t have problems on another place.




I'm still thinking its the Security System Kazuki implemented, is way too heavy (I checked the file, and the file alone weights 120 something mb), however it has been months and we have not received any solid or coherent solution

Meaby that's why we have problems but i don't know the true, i hope this problem is for short time.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Luminoth en 07 de Noviembre de 2010, 11:11:33 am
WE have the issues around noon and then it's non-stop untill next morning or late night. When the server population starts to close up on 200, it start to and gets worse every minute untill a complete 4-5 sec delay with regular 10 -20 sec freezes. That's my case, some other members have longer freezes.

About the security System, it shouldn't affect high end pc's. I have a q6600 quad core running a 2.4Ghz and 3GB RAM at 1066Mhz and worse than my lag only Wyvern's himself.
WE actually have 2 members who don't have lag issues and none has a high end pc.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Soro en 07 de Noviembre de 2010, 11:36:42 am
DoD in xro2? what the hell
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Dawn of Darkness en 08 de Noviembre de 2010, 17:16:00 pm
no, DoD not in xro2, we tried to come back but was completly unplayable due to lag so we gave up after few days.

About the language problem, I understand it's a spanish server and an answer in spanish is better than no answer at all =D, I can understand most of the spanish but my writing is terrible =X. I tried to log few days ago and problem presists, it's sad because we liked a lot of this server due to the stability/community.

Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Dawn of Darkness en 11 de Noviembre de 2010, 12:04:03 pm
I see too many topics about "lag-freeze" so I guess it's the same problem afecting a lot of different people.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Monochrome en 11 de Noviembre de 2010, 19:18:54 pm
I swear I have written many GMs and no one have answered me. I don't know what more can we do to solve this problem...

I'll try asking again.

EDIT: Did you read and apply any of those solutions?

http://www.xatiyaro.net/foro/index.php/topic,91316.0.html

The topic is a little bit old, but maybe it can be helpful. If you don't understand any of those sentences cause they're in spanish, just ask me.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Syder en 11 de Noviembre de 2010, 19:20:54 pm
LoL

DoD was going to play here, and now they wont coz the insane lag T_T

DoD <3
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Monochrome en 11 de Noviembre de 2010, 19:59:53 pm
A GM has answered me and said that the lag problem can be caused because a deficient instalation of XatiyaRO, I mean, It can be because you have many servers installed in one Ragnarok directory, so it can be uncompatible and cause freezes.

Try it, install XatiyaRO in a Ragray clean directory and tell us if there's any change!
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Dawn of Darkness en 14 de Noviembre de 2010, 01:56:23 am
Believe me or not I did that already, I even installed on different hard drives so I'm sure that is not the problem. Atm we are not planing to play here anymore but I'll keep in contact to see if "we" find the problem just because can help a lot of ppl out there.

Once again thanks for the support.
Título: Re:Unplayable for many...
Publicado por: Monochrome en 14 de Noviembre de 2010, 12:26:20 pm
Okey, if then we'll continue studying this problem, maybe asking people from another locations... Idk.

Thanks for your patience.